To be awarded a High School Diploma, a student Corpsmember must develop competency in the following seven growth areas:
- Student reads and writes effectively
- Student understands and effectively functions in the world around him/her
- Student appreciates history, geography, and current events
- Student comprehends the political process
- Student applies mathematical principles and operations to solve problems
- Student applies scientific concepts and skills to explain his/her world, and finds solutions to its problems
- Student realizes his/her own special interest, talents, and abilities
Our educational vision is bold and far-reaching, yet practical. We develop literate, educated thinkers and achievers who understand their political and social culture; can use mathematics and scientific methods to solve daily problems; contribute to society, and develop positive values.
Urban Corps’ Charter School is equipped with state-of-the-art technology and provides an engaging, positive learning environment that, in most cases, far supersedes the traditional setting the students came to us from. Students are highly engaged with technology and computer literacy, while simultaneously mastering the California State Content Standards under the supervision and direction of credentialed teaching staff. The classroom environment couples hands-on vocational skills training and provides the participants a unique learning environment that enables them to progress fluidly and demonstrate competency in all seven growth areas.